Jedlix B.V. (hereinafter: “Jedlix”) attaches a high value to your privacy and processes your personal data very carefully and in accordance with the law. Jedlix (the controller) is responsible for the processing of personal data on the Jedlix smart charging app and platform, (the “app”). The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform users of the app on the processing of their personal data by Jedlix and their rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Below you will find an overview of the information we will provide in this privacy statement.
- Collection of personal data.
- Data that is collected.
- How data is collected.
- Retention and deleting personal data.
- Sharing data with partners.
- Security measures to protect your data.
- Your rights.
- Data portability.
- Contact us.
- Amendments to this privacy statement.
Collection of personal data
Jedlix collects and processes your personal data to deliver Jedlix smart charging services to you, the “Services”. The legal ground for these activities is the performance of a contract between you and Jedlix. More specific, Jedlix will process your personal data for:
- Calculating and executing an optimal charging plan for the electric vehicle(s) linked to your account,
- Customer verification with Automotive and Energy Partners,
- Providing proof of delivered Smart Charging services towards Energy Partners for settlement and calculation of benefits,
- Calculating and payout of Smart Charging benefits, if this right arises according to the agreement between the Jedlix and user,
- Improving our service by analysing charging behaviour.
Data that is collected:
- Identity Data used to identify you and includes first name, last name, nickname, email address and an encrypted version of your self-chosen password;
- Address Data used to determine your Smart Charge location and to verify your energy contract with your Energy Supplier. Includes country, address, postal code and house number;
- Profile Data used to provide a customized service and includes Energy Supplier name, electric vehicle model, charging preferences and settings in the app, customer feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling);
- Connected Car Account Data used to establish a connection with the electric vehicle. Depending on the vehicle model it includes VIN, connected car credentials (which is used once to verify your account at the Car Manufacturer and retrieve an access token for our Service. Your credentials are never stored by us). and token to access the car manufacturers services needed for Smart Charging, which you consent us to access on your behalf;
- Electric Vehicle Data used to calculate an optimal charging schedule and monitor the performance of our Smart Charging service. Includes Vehicle status, Battery State of Charge, telemetry data and vehicle GPS location;
- Payout Data used to pay out earnings to you directly or through our partners includes initials, last name, IBAN of your bank account, Amount of earnings to be paid out, charging data and Energy Supplier contract number.
- Charge Card Data used to recognize a user at a (public) charging point and includes the visual ID on the charging card and associated tokens to access charge point operator services and devices;
- Energy Data used for validation of the Energy Supplier and (financial) settlement with the Energy Partner and includes Energy Supplier contract number, EAN code of the charging station’s electricity meter (in some countries known as MPAN or PDL), Smart electricity meter allocation approval, tariff information, energy consumption;
- Technical Data used for improving our service and includes mobile device type and application version, time zone setting and location, browser types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this service;
- Tracking Data used for improving our service and includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers;
- Marketing and Communications Data used for communicating with you and includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How data is collected
The personal data collected will be collected either directly from you, when you provide information in the app, or indirectly from publicly available sources or from our Energy- and Automotive Partners.
Retaining and deleting personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
For example, the GPS location of the car is never stored by Jedlix, not shared with anyone and used only to verify if the vehicle is at the Smart Charge location.
Details of your payments will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
Sharing data with partners
We may disclose personal data to our partners insofar as reasonably necessary for us to be able to provide their Services to you.
To verify that you have a contract with your selected energy supplier and to (financially) settle the benefits of our Smart Charging service with the Energy Partner, we share Address and Energy Data with our Energy Partners that include the following parties:
- the Energy Supplier that you have selected.
- the Balance Responsible Party (BRP) that your Energy Supplier uses to purchase energy on the energy markets (the larger Energy Suppliers are often also acting as BRP).
- the Distribution Grid Operator or Distribution Network Operator (DSO or DNO) who is responsible for the load management of the local grid in your neighbourhood
- the Transmission System Operator or Electricity System Operator (TSO or ESO) who is responsible for maintaining the frequency of the high voltage energy grid in your country, province or state.
- The Balancing Service Providers (BSP), often called “aggregators”, who combine energy sources (large batteries, windmills, etc) to offer balancing services to the Transmission System Operator. Jedlix works with a number of these BSPs to offer Electric Vehicle battery flexibility as a service, allowing you to earn benefits with smart charging, even when your Energy Supplier does not support smart charging via Jedlix.
The list with currently supported Energy Partners changes frequently and can be found on our website.
To establish a connection with the electric vehicle and to identify you at (public) charging stations, we share respectively Connected Car Account Data and Charge Card Data with our Automotive Partners that includes the following parties: Car Manufacturers, Charge Point Operators (CPO) and E-Mobility Service Providers (EMSP). The list with currently supported automotive partners changes frequently and can be found on our website
In case the payout of earnings is handled by one of our Energy or Automotive partners, we share Payout Data with that partner.
Security measures to protect your data
Personal data security is of great importance to us. Regarding the nature of the personal data and the risks that are related to processing personal data, we take all measures of material, logic, administrative and organizational nature to guarantee the security of personal data. This will prevent any personal data risks to be misunderstood, damaged or made available to non-authorized third parties. This includes the storage of personal data at the secured servers of a provider.
Cookies are small parts of data that are not used for identification purposes, but mainly for learnings regarding the browsing behaviour on our website and in the mobile app.
Jedlix uses several types of cookies to analyse the quality and effectiveness of the services and for the execution of marketing and advertisement campaigns on the Jedlix website(s) and those of third parties. You will be asked about accepting these cookies when you visit our website.
You have the right to request Jedlix to access, modify, restrict or remove your personal data.
Furthermore, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. After the termination of the use of the app, personal data is deleted within twelve months after the end of the contract with the end-user, unless Jedlix has been required to retain personal data by law or the competent authorities. Jedlix is legally obliged to retain personal data relevant for tax purposes for 7 years.
Where Jedlix is processing your personal data on the basis of the performance of a contract, you also have the right to data portability.
Finally, you may submit a question, request or complaint regarding the way we process your data, through email@example.com or send us a letter at Jedlix B.V., Stationsplein 45, 3013 AK Rotterdam.
If requested, personal data shall be shared in a digital format that can be consulted by the user in a reasonable way. If necessary, Jedlix will request identity verification from the requesting party.
Amendments to this privacy statement
This privacy statement can be modified or adjusted at any time. In such a situation, you as a user will be notified at least two weeks in advance. You will also be notified through the application once the statement goes into effect.
Most recent version: January 2020